Monday, September 12, 2011

What can you spell backwords?

Last night we went into Mesa to have dinner with my parents and my Grandpa Schlessman. At dinner Tyler was showcasing the different words that he knows how to spell:

Tyler: Grandma, I can spell my name. T - Y - L - E - R
Kristin: Can you spell "mom?"
Tyler: Yup. M - O - M
Kristin: Can you spell "dad?"
Tyler: D - A - D

Everyone clapped and then being funny my Grandpa Schlessman asked Tyler if he can spell "mom" or "dad" backwards. Without thinking this was Tyler's reply:

Tyler: No, I can't spell those words backwards. But I CAN spell Tyler backwards, R - E - L - Y - T.

We have checked in with all of Tyler's aunts, uncles and grandparents and no one has ever taught him to spell his name backwards. Kristin and I have never taught it to him and we have never, ever heard him do that before.

3 comments:

  1. HAHAHA! that is awesome. man i wish i was there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was sitting across the table from him...it was the look on his face while he was spelling that was intriguing. I would "put money on it" that he was picturing his name in his mind and then spelling it backwards. I was convinced there and then that no one had taught him!! The child is amazing, remember he is still 3 years old ;)

    ReplyDelete